20th Annual Student Night Job Fair
Time and Location
About the Event
LA YMF’s 20th Annual Student Night and Job Fair (SNJF) will be held on Friday, February 8th, 2019 at the Line Hotel (3515 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010). This event gathers over 200 students from the 11 local universities in the ASCE LA Section region (Cal Baptist, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Cal Poly Pomona, CSUF, CSULA, CSULB, CSUN, LMU, UCI, UCLA, USC) as well as other universities in the Greater Los Angeles region. This annual event serves to recognize outstanding students from these local 11 universities with scholarships and awards, to provide our engineering students with the opportunity to find employment, and to facilitate interactions among employers, young professionals, and students from the 11 local universities.
If your company currently has open job opportunities and/or is looking for an opportunity to network with some of the brightest and most talented civil engineering students within the Greater Los Angeles area, then we encourage you to consider sponsoring and attending our event. Please contact Paul Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in having your company participate.
2 - 5:00 PM Career Fair
5 - 6:00 PM Networking Hour
6 - 9:30 PM Awards Banquet
If you are a student or individual who is interested in attending please contact
Paul Lee at email@example.com.
Also, as a student, we are offering a special referral program!
For the first 30 students who pay for their registration and get 3 or more other students to register (and fill out the referral info on the registration form) will get their ticket reimbursed!
Please make sure to prepare your resume and upload at the time of registration.
Upon Registration, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Your resume should never exceed one page, and should have your name on the top with capital letters. Don’t include irrelevant information such as hobbies, GPA (unless it’s unusually high), or other languages spoken (unless they’re relevant).
**Your resume should be in PDF format and follow the naming format below:
Last name, First name Resume.pdf
1. Your resume should never exceed one page, and should have your name on the top with capital letter. Don’t include irrelevant information such as hobbies, GPA (unless it’s unusually high), or other languages spoken (unless they’re relevant). Bring enough copies for each company. Your resume should be in PDF format and follow the naming format of Last name, First name.pdf
2. Research each company attending the job fair. Know their projects, specifications, and previous accomplishments. Ask questions that demonstrate your knowledge.
3. Men should wear suits with jacket and ties, and women should wear pantsuits or skirt suits with natural colored makeup. Don’t wear sandals or have noticeable scuffs.
4. Act like a professional. Your actions and appearance will be the first impression that these companies will get of you, so make it count. Don’t forget your business cards if you have them.
Once your form is submitted, you will be forwarded to our payment checkout website. If you are not forwarded to our payment website, please contact:
Student Night & Job Fair Co-Chair
Los Angeles Younger Member Forum
American Society of Civil Engineers
- Student Member$20$20Sold Out
- Student Late Registration 1/31$25$25Sold Out
- ASCE Member/Professional$55$55Sold Out
- ASCE Non-member/Professional$75$75Sold Out
- Career Fair & Banquet Waitlist$25$250$0